uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Experiences with CAS Editor and large documents
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 13:20:29 GMT
  Hi,

Jörn, do you have yet an idea how to improve the CAS Editor performance?

If at all or until we find a solution, I would propose to add an option
in the preferences to deactive the complete Eclipse annotation concept
in the CAS Editor. We would loose the nice highlighting, but we would
still have the selection concept to identify UIMA annotations.

What do you think?

Peter

On 04.05.2012 16:30, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On 05/04/2012 04:25 PM, Thilo Goetz wrote:
>> I have not looked at the code, but just in case: I have found
>> that from a performance perspective, it is very important to
>> add JFace annotations in batches.  You're probably doing that
>> already...
>
> Yes, that was changed in many places and made operations
> which where done for many annotations possible, before that deleting
> something could easily take a couple of 10 seconds, or even minutes.
>
> There are certain things which can still be done, and might be necessary
> for very large CASes, e.g using virtual tables.
>
> I hope that profiling it can give us more insight about what is slow.
>
> Jörn

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/