uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: TextMarker maven build process update
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:34:08 GMT
  Hi,

> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm sorry if I've missed the thread - has it been discussed why the Eclipse
> plugins can't be built with the pom-first approach that our current Eclipse
> plugins are built with?

No, they can be and are actually built this way right now. Everything
works fine, if you add a complete Eclipse Indigo release with DLTK Core
3.0 installed to your local maven repository. I think that the pom-first
build is only reasonable if the user does not have to do that, but we
can provide a repository like that somehow.

Building the bundles the manifest-first way does not have such problems
because the dependencies are automatically resolved using p2
repositories. In my opinion, that is a much nicer solution and should
work just fine. However, after the time I spent with this problem and
with hardly any progress, I must admit that I don't care too much
anymore about how the bundles are built.

Is a repository for the bundles an option for us?

Best,

  Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/