uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: TextMarker maven build process update
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:58:36 GMT
  On 28.06.2012 17:44, Marshall Schor wrote:
> If a public repo can't be found, do you use the
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/to-maven-mojo.html plugin
> for adding the eclipse plugins to the local repo, as part of your build?
>
> -Marshall

Yes, I am doing this right now manually with eclipse:make-artifacts
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/make-artifacts-mojo.html).
My maven knowledge isn't yet good enough to get the idea to include that
in the build process. That a good idea, but won't we get problems for an
automatic build in future since you have to provide the Eclipse
installation dir? Could we provide that on a build server some time in
future?

Peter

> On 6/28/2012 11:38 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>> Is there not a "public" repository for the bundles you need?  I'm looking around
>> for one...
>>
>> -Marshall
>> On 6/28/2012 11:34 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>>   Hi,

>>> No, they can be and are actually built this way right now. Everything works
>>> fine, if you add a complete Eclipse Indigo release with DLTK Core 3.0
>>> installed to your local maven repository. I think that the pom-first build is
>>> only reasonable if the user does not have to do that, but we can provide a
>>> repository like that somehow.
>>>
>>> Building the bundles the manifest-first way does not have such problems
>>> because the dependencies are automatically resolved using p2 repositories. In
>>> my opinion, that is a much nicer solution and should work just fine. However,
>>> after the time I spent with this problem and with hardly any progress, I must
>>> admit that I don't care too much anymore about how the bundles are built.
>>>
>>> Is a repository for the bundles an option for us?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>>   Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/