uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: TextMarker maven build process update
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 18:24:03 GMT
It seems to me that of the many possible alternatives, we should do either the
automated build or find the needed artifacts on some stable server somewhere
(e.g. maven central or ???)

We already require a "local" eclipse installation for building the Eclipse
update site - the pointer to that is specified in your maven settings file (see:
http://uima.apache.org/one-time-release-setup.htmlin particular the lines:

<properties>
        <uima-maven-build-eclipse-home>C:/p/eclipse/3.5/eclipse</uima-maven-build-eclipse-home>

I don't think getting another shared public maven repo just for our project is
the right direction.
-Marshall

On 6/28/2012 12:58 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>  On 28.06.2012 17:44, Marshall Schor wrote:
>> If a public repo can't be found, do you use the
>> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/to-maven-mojo.html plugin
>> for adding the eclipse plugins to the local repo, as part of your build?
>>
>> -Marshall
>>

> Yes, I am doing this right now manually with eclipse:make-artifacts
> (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/make-artifacts-mojo.html).
> My maven knowledge isn't yet good enough to get the idea to include that in
> the build process. That a good idea, but won't we get problems for an
> automatic build in future since you have to provide the Eclipse installation
> dir? Could we provide that on a build server some time in future?
>
> Peter
>

>> On 6/28/2012 11:38 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>> Is there not a "public" repository for the bundles you need?  I'm looking
>>> around
>>> for one...
>>>
>>> -Marshall

In