uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jawad Husain <jbhus...@gmail.com>
Subject "UIMA AS Asynchronous Scaleout" not in Release 2.4.0
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 20:46:12 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering why "UIMA AS Asynchronous Scaleout" is not part of the Latest
Official Release 2.4.0 as I'm considering to use it.

Looks like to be able to use it, I have to switch back to the previous version
2.3.1 of Apache UIMA.

However here is the quote from UIMA documentation about AS:

"UIMA Asynchronous Scaleout (AS) is a second generation design, replacing the
CPM and Vinci Services. The CPM and Vinci are still available and are not
being deprecated, but new designs are encouraged to use AS for scalability,
and current designs reaching limitations may want to move to AS."

Please advise.

Thanks,
Jawad