uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Experiences with CAS Editor and large documents
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:38:54 GMT
  I don't need it for the TextMarker release. If I need to deactivate it
for some projects, I can do it in my workspace for now. So no hurry at all.

My thought was to add such a preference, as for the loading the CAS
leniently. However, if there is a possibility that we get the
annotations working with large CAS, I'd really prefer that.

Peter

On 12.07.2012 10:30, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Yes, I think that will break many things. Still haven't looked into
> the sample for profiling you send me off list.
>
> If you need this for your release and we don't get it faster easily
> we could add the preference to do that and display a warning to the user.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Jörn
>
> On 07/12/2012 10:24 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>> do you have an opinion about a preference to deactivate the
>> annotation concept in the CAS Editor?
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On 25.05.2012 15:20, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> Jörn, do you have yet an idea how to improve the CAS Editor
>>> performance?
>>>
>>> If at all or until we find a solution, I would propose to add an
>>> option in the preferences to deactive the complete Eclipse
>>> annotation concept in the CAS Editor. We would loose the nice
>>> highlighting, but we would still have the selection concept to
>>> identify UIMA annotations.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/