uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: CAS Editor default annotation style
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:44:53 GMT
  On 03.08.2012 16:30, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On 08/03/2012 04:20 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>> I observed that new types are often visualized with "underlined/red"
>> (although I normally only use "background color") resulting in 50% of
>> the types with the same annotation style.This probably happens when I
>> open the same xmi with incrementally bigger type systems. I have not
>> yet taken a look at the code and this is not a real issue, but a bit
>> annoying.
>>
>> Do you know anything about this behavior?
>
> Yes, that is the initial styling for a new TS. The Document Provider
> is responsible to initialize the styling.
> Do you need code pointers?
>
> Lets have a look at the code, maybe we should change that a bit to
> make it easier. If I remember correctly the ide
> plugin integration does not really take the case into account where a
> TS is updated. In that case the user needs
> to assign the color manually.

No pointers needed. If the Document Provider does the initialization,
then I know where to look.

I often have differing use cases compared to the normal usage of the CAS
Editor. I personally would assign a random bright background color to
types for which the user has not manually assigned a color. Isn't that
also done for a completely new TS under some circumstances?  Thus,
highlighted annotations of different types can be distinguished more easily.

However, this is just my first thought. I will take a look at the code
next week.

Best,

Peter

Dipl.-Inf. Peter Klügl
Universität Würzburg        Tel.: +49-(0)931-31-86741
Am Hubland                  Fax.: +49-(0)931-31-86732
97074 Würzburg              mail: pkluegl@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de
      http://www.is.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/en/staff/kluegl_peter/