uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Quarterly Board report due in 2 days
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:26:06 GMT
Thanks for the feedback!

Here's the report - if needed I can amend it...

Board report for Apache UIMA, for September 2012.

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Releases: No releases since last report.  But both 2.4.0 releases
of the C++ and UIMA-AS frameworks are close.

Activity:
We have had much work in testing various release candidates for the
C++ version of the UIMA framework (we're up to Release Candidate 7),
with feedback from user testing.
Bug fixes and improvements are actively being done to both
UIMA base SDK and UIMA-AS.  Work continues on the TextMarker project
in the sandbox, with most issues now resolved, and documentation started.

We are progressing toward bringing in a contribution, UIMAFit; they've
done the background work toward getting a software grant signed
by the various parties, and have posted a code drop on a Jira for the team to
initially give feedback on.

Community: no changes

Issues: No Board level issues at this time