uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA C++ SDK 2.4.0 RC 8
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 14:55:38 GMT
+1 to release.

I checked the licenses/notices, verified some of the asc (and other) signatures.

On windows, using vcexpress v 9, I was able to use the readme info from the src
and bin distributions to build the examples and run them.

I built from source without building the prerequisites (didn't set their environ
"_HOME", and the build instead used the versions from UIMACPP_HOME which I had
pointing to the binary distribuition).

I ran the fvt OK, and copyied the built uima.dll to the binary install, and
re-ran the examples OK using that.

Some minor issues (not release blockers) to fix in next release:

1) improve the readmes for building on Windows using vcexpress, describing how
to do this without pre-building the 3 dependencies, but instead using them from
the binary distribution.

2) eliminate 3 minor compile warnings

3) fix readme description of how to run buildsdk - the target_dir and optional
clean option should not both be enclosed in double quotes.

I did not check for interoperability with UIMA Java; I think Burn has done this.

-Marshall