uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] UIMA-AS 2.4.0 Release Candidate 3
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 22:03:28 GMT
+1 to release.

I did the following:
 - checked asc for bin.zip and source-release.zip, md5 / sha1 for bin.zip.
 - compared svn tag vs source-release, found minor differences (some generated
MANIFEST.MF for Eclipse plugin parts, mainly, and some empty directories.  Not a
release blocker.

I noticed that the LICENSE and NOTICE files for the source distribution match
those for the Binary distribution; however the source distribution doesn't
include many of the items in the binary distribution, so the LICENSE/NOTICE
files have "extra" stuff that don't need to be included.  I don't think this is
a blocker, but should be cleaned up in the next release.

I confirmed that xmlbeans binary distribution notices are included in uima-as's
NOTICE file (xmlbeans jar is a newly included thing in our binary distribution).

Running the build-from source turned up a couple of javadoc warnings, that
should be correct in the next go-around:

[WARNING]
C:\au\t\as-2.4.0\src\uima-as-2.4.0\uimaj-as-core\src\main\java\org\apache\uima\resourceSpecifier\factory\Import.java:53:
warning -
 @param argument "location" is not a parameter name.
[WARNING]
C:\au\t\as-2.4.0\src\uima-as-2.4.0\uimaj-as-activemq\src\main\java\org\apache\uima\adapter\jms\service\UIMA_Service.java:286:
warn
ing - @param argument "samplingFrequency" is not a parameter name.

I built from source - was OK.  I compared that build to the binary distribution
- it compared OK except for slight changes where the build time / java version
used for the build is recorded in various manifests, etc.

I tested the binary build following the instructions in the README.  I found one
slight issue in the readme (not sufficient to block the release IMHO).  In
section 3.1, it says you can either "cd" to a writable directory, and/or set
ACTIVEMQ_BASE to a writable directory, and that when you run "startBroker.sh /
bat" it will on the first run create the needed subdirectories.  However, it
appears to do this only if you do not set ACTIVEMQ_BASE.

I was able to deploy a service and connect to it, OK, following the README
instructions.

-Marshall