uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Documentation formatting and examples
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:10:31 GMT
Hi,

Regarding the xml formatting - I haven't found (yet) a nice editor for that - so
I just use a plain text editor.  My fingers have gotten quite speedy over the
years at touch-typing those pesky < and />  things.

Re: putting example projects - I've seen two approaches used.  You can certainly
put sample things in other top level directories (other than src/main/java,
src/test/java).  Many of the addons /sandbox projects do that.  And, to state
the obvious (sorry :-) ), when checking into SVN, it is usual to include the
source while excluding things which are "built".
You can add to the POM whatever build steps might be needed for these other
things (if any).

The other approach is to have a separate project, with a POM for maven, and
whatever "build" might make sense for people that check out and might use maven
to build it.  This is what the main UIMA SDK does- it has a project
uimaj-examples, set up in this way.

-Marshall

If you have a lot