uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject types added after type system commit - request for more understanding :-)
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:56:38 GMT
I saw in the code that's run during type system commit a comment that subtypes
of FsArray (which specify the allowed type of the element of the array) can be
added after the type system commit.

But it may be that this is some kind of housekeeping (I don't fully understand),
and these types don't actually appear as type codes in the CAS.  Or maybe they do?

Does anyone remember how all this is supposed to work?  I'm concerned in case
the code that was recently committed for compressed serializing has to do
something special for these types.  Currently, the code pre-computes information
about the type system, once, and that is reused.  However, if more types were
added subsequently, and these types could appear in the CAS as type codes, this
would need to be checked for and recomputed.

-Marshall