uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:10:50 GMT
On 12.12.2012 13:57, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On 12/12/2012 01:53 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> Thanks for the answers.
>>
>> The next question: What about the version number of the TextMarker
>> release?
>>

> If you align with the UIMA releases you are somehow bound to its
> development cycle, in
> case you want to release more frequently this could be problematic.

Yes, at least for the beginning this can be problematic. However, I do
not know if it is better to start with 1.0.0 or even 0.1.0.

Is there a possibility for releases with sub-versions or additional
build numbers? Then again, the more frequent releases would be
especially of the type "maintenance", which corresponds to the third digit.

Peter