uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:34:02 GMT
I think TextMarker can have its own separate version numbers, and its own
separate release schedule.
For each release, it would have a (range of?) UIMA version dependencies.  Maven
supports ranges in dependency specifications.

(Just for completeness, an argument for aligning to, say, 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 is to
reduce end-user "confusion".  But because of the likely different release
schedules, and lack of tight coupling (perhaps) to particular release levels,
this probably is not the right way to go here).

I don't quite understand your question about the parent-pom (which parent-pom
are you discussing?)?  Can you elaborate?

-Marshall