uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:37:07 GMT
+1 -Marshall
> Am 12.12.2012 um 14:10 schrieb Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de>:

>>> If you align with the UIMA releases you are somehow bound to its development
cycle, in
>>> case you want to release more frequently this could be problematic.
>>>
>> Yes, at least for the beginning this can be problematic. However, I do not know if
it is better to start with 1.0.0 or even 0.1.0.

>> Is there a possibility for releases with sub-versions or additional build numbers?
Then again, the more frequent releases would be especially of the type "maintenance", which
corresponds to the third digit.

> You could also want to make minor or major releases independent from the UIMA release
cycle, e.g. when you introduce new features, change the script grammar or do other potentially
incompatible changes (e.g. fully qualified type names and aliases for them? ;) ).