uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:08:38 GMT
On 12.12.2012 16:34, Marshall Schor wrote:
> I think TextMarker can have its own separate version numbers, and its own
> separate release schedule.
> For each release, it would have a (range of?) UIMA version dependencies.  Maven
> supports ranges in dependency specifications.
>
> (Just for completeness, an argument for aligning to, say, 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 is to
> reduce end-user "confusion".  But because of the likely different release
> schedules, and lack of tight coupling (perhaps) to particular release levels,
> this probably is not the right way to go here).
>
> I don't quite understand your question about the parent-pom (which parent-pom
> are you discussing?)?  Can you elaborate?
>
> -Marshall

I have used uimaj-parent as parent pom for the TextMarker poms (parent
is pointing to uimaj-parent).
What should be the parent pom? There is uima-addons-parent, but no
project for the sandbox.

My question was about a problem I observed when I just changed the
version numbers. This resulted in a "project build error".

Peter