uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Replace update site with composite repository
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:17:28 GMT
Hi,

On 19.12.2012 06:27, Marshall Schor wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm just now having a chance to look at this (sorry for the delay).
>
> Some initial questions:
>
> As part of this update, the UIMA SVN has a new top-level folder, parallel with
> uimaj, uima-as, etc., called eclipse-packagings.
>
> I noticed this folder is missing the normal trunk/tags/branches subfolders.  It
> would seem to me that we should have those, and when a new packaging is done, it
> would have a version, and be "tagged", like a release.
>
> I realize it may not be considered a release (because it's just a re-packaging
> of the already released Jars) but it still seems to me that we should have a
> trunk and a tags for this, and tag what we promote out.
>
> Another question:  There's a pom at the top level of the folder
> eclipse-packagings.  It says its for artifact "eclipse-packagings", and has a
> version number of "4".
>
> I would think it would have a version number of "1", since it's the first
> version being released.

I agree on all points. One thing I want to mention: We need some
strategy for the version number as this packaging will probably contain
releases with different version numbers, e.g., uima-2.4.0 and hopefully
uima-textmarker-2.0.0
Therefore the number will be increased with asynchronous releases.

Peter