uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:12:08 GMT
Hi,

the next two questions:

1.  Release Discussions - Release Plan

http://uima.apache.org/release.html says: "At the beginning of the "UIMA
Release Process" there must be consensus in the developer community
about the JIRA issues that should be part of the next release and the
time frame for the release..."

Here's a list of unresolved issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20component%20%3D%20TextMarker%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

UIMA-2285 (Write documentation for the TextMarker projects) will be
resolved before the release as it is almost done.
UIMA-2528 (Open CAS Editor blocks eclipse start) is almost a blocker,
but I fear that I won't be able to change anything in the TextMarker
projects that will fix this problem.

If there are no objections, then I will to move all the unresolved
issues to the next version (2.0.1).

2. Preparing the Jira for the Release

"...and that the "Fixed in release xxx" is set for each Jira issue that
is part of the release."

"There is a saved "filter" you can adjust for this that will display all
fixed Jira issues with no Fixed in release xxx assigned. You can go
through subsets of this (use the filter to pick the subset you want) and
do "bulk Jira changes" to update multiples of these in parallel, if that
makes sense."

Is this necessary that all issues are updated as it will be the first
relase of the TextMarker system? And if yes, where can I find this filter?

Peter