uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:14:12 GMT
Hi,

On 21.12.2012 11:54, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
> Am 21.12.2012 um 11:12 schrieb Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de>:
>
>> 2. Preparing the Jira for the Release
>>
>> "...and that the "Fixed in release xxx" is set for each Jira issue that is part of
the release."

>> "There is a saved "filter" you can adjust for this that will display all fixed Jira
issues with no Fixed in release xxx assigned. You can go through subsets of this (use the
filter to pick the subset you want) and do "bulk Jira changes" to update multiples of these
in parallel, if that makes sense.
> Such a filter is convenience, just search for all resolved/fixed issues that do not have
any "fixed in" assigned.

>> Is this necessary that all issues are updated as it will be the first relase of the
TextMarker system? And if yes, where can I find this filter?
> If you have properly set "Fixed in" every time you fixed an issue, then there is nothing
to do. Sometimes, in the heat of development, when an issue is closed, its "Fixed in" field
is not set immediately. That is, why there is such a point in any good release guide.

> When a release is done, all issues resolved in that release should have "Fixed in" set
to the release being made. Thus, when the a release is being made, it is a good time to check
all the resolved issues and make sure that "Fixed in" is set properly. It doesn't matter if
it is the first release. Proper bookkeeping is always a good idea.

Thanks for your answer.

I suppose "Fixed in" is equal to "fixVersion"? Sadly, there was no
version yet, when I fixed most issues.

I am using right now "project = UIMA AND component = TextMarker AND
status in (Resolved, Closed) AND fixVersion = EMPTY", but I cannot use
"Bullk change". After a short google search, I think this is because the
issues are resolved or closed. I also cannot change "Fix Version/s" in a
single issue.

I have doubts whether it is a good idea to open all (92) issues again.

Any ideas?

Best,

Peter