uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: capitalization of uimaFIT
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 22:29:48 GMT
Am 12.12.2012 um 23:21 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:

> In many places I see it capitalized uimaFIT.  Other places it seems to be all
> lower case.  When making the component name in Jira, I used lower case.  This
> can be changed.  Any preferences?  It would help to be consistent :-) -Marshall

As a proper name, "uimaFIT" has been preferred so far. In identifiers, I would
prefer to use the all-lower-case variant (artifactId, folder names, etc.).

I suppose the differences are because Philip, Steven and I never bothered about
harmonizing it. Whoever came first used his preferred capitalization.

I also like the idea of using "org.apache.uima.fit" as a package name because
I think that "org.apache.uima.uimafit" (capitalized in either way) is redundant
and "org.apache.uima.FIT" is kind of against an unwritten(?) convention to that
package names should be lower-case.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de