uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: purpose of POM in eclipse-packagings
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:04:41 GMT
Did you ever consider using the Apache Nexus to use the Eclipse bundles?

As far as I know, Apache has a full Nexus Pro running which should support

- proxying P2 repositories for access via Maven (would solve the DLTK problem)
- actually hosting P2 repositories

Cf. this video from 2009

http://www.sonatype.com/people/2009/04/nexus-pro-support-for-eclipse-p2-repositories/

The support is probably more advanced today.

-- Richard

> On 11/29/2012 11:31 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this vote is about replacing the current update site with a composite
>> repository, which essentially contains the same artifacts as before.
>>
>> We discussed in UIMA-2475 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2475)
>> that the update site of Apache UIMA is not compatible with p2 repositories.
>> This complicates, for example, the development of bundles built with Tycho.
>> The result of the discussion is right now a composite repository, which refers
>> to two update sites. The first one is exactly the currently published update
>> site (legacy) and the second one is a p2 repository (uima-2.4.0) containing
>> the eclipse bundles of the 2.4.0 release. Note that these artifacts are
>> provided twice.
>>
>> The new update site (composite repository) is here:
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/eclipse-packagings/eclipse-update-site
>>
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>> [ ] 0   Don't care
>>
>> PS: As this is essentially not a new release, I skipped most/all parts
>> mentioned in http://uima.apache.org/release.html

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de