uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: purpose of POM in eclipse-packagings
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:22:38 GMT
> - proxying P2 repositories for access via Maven (would solve the DLTK problem)

Slightly too hasty: proxying p2 to a maven layout doesn't seem to be supported, at least I
couldn't find any information how to do that.

But P2 sites can be proxied and - as I understand - Nexus can scan Maven repositories for
OSGi plugins and provide a P2 view of an ordinary Maven repository that way. So one does a
normal Maven build, publish to a Maven repository and have Nexus publish that as a P2 in turn.

I didn't try it, but since the P2 support for Nexus has been open sourced some time ago, more
information on this topic has sprung up on the web recently.

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de