uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:54:38 GMT
Am 21.12.2012 um 11:12 schrieb Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de>:

> 2. Preparing the Jira for the Release
>
> "...and that the "Fixed in release xxx" is set for each Jira issue that is part of the
release."

> "There is a saved "filter" you can adjust for this that will display all fixed Jira issues
with no Fixed in release xxx assigned. You can go through subsets of this (use the filter
to pick the subset you want) and do "bulk Jira changes" to update multiples of these in parallel,
if that makes sense.

Such a filter is convenience, just search for all resolved/fixed issues that do not have any
"fixed in" assigned.

> Is this necessary that all issues are updated as it will be the first relase of the TextMarker
system? And if yes, where can I find this filter?

If you have properly set "Fixed in" every time you fixed an issue, then there is nothing to
do. Sometimes, in the heat of development, when an issue is closed, its "Fixed in" field is
not set immediately. That is, why there is such a point in any good release guide.

When a release is done, all issues resolved in that release should have "Fixed in" set to
the release being made. Thus, when the a release is being made, it is a good time to check
all the resolved issues and make sure that "Fixed in" is set properly. It doesn't matter if
it is the first release. Proper bookkeeping is always a good idea.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de