uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <eck...@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 13:23:11 GMT
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I suppose "Fixed in" is equal to "fixVersion"? Sadly, there was no version yet, when
I fixed most issues.

> I am using right now "project = UIMA AND component = TextMarker AND status in (Resolved,
Closed) AND fixVersion = EMPTY", but I cannot use "Bullk change". After a short google search,
I think this is because the issues are resolved or closed. I also cannot change "Fix Version/s"
in a single issue.

> I have doubts whether it is a good idea to open all (92) issues again.
>
> Any ideas?

It's a known "problem" with the default Jira settings. When possible, I suggest to change
the default Jira workflow so that closed issues can be edited (which some people object to)
- but looks like the Apache Jira isn't configured in that way. Under these circumstances,
I don't know another solution short of reopening the issues, again - sorry.

I think it only applies to Closed issues though. You should still be able to edit Resolved
issues.

Probably it's best to reopen the closed issues, set the version and then resolve them again.
It is probably also a good idea to leave issues "resolved" at least until a release has been
made. I didn't read the release guidelines yet, maybe it says something about a best practice
when to "Close" issues.

-- Richard

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universit├Ąt Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de