uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Replace update site with composite repository
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 21:32:54 GMT
Am 08.01.2013 21:51, schrieb Marshall Schor:
>> ... <snip>
>> nclude the older versions of the plugins & features?
>>> I don't know and I haven't tried it yet. However, Steven has indicated that
>>> this will probably won't work:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2475?focusedCommentId=13484857&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13484857
>>>
>> This post looks like he was on the right track, but didn't realize that the
>> target/eclipse-update-site in the project uimaj-eclipse-update-site isn't the
>> update site, but rather a partial update site which has to "merged" with the
>> full update site.
> Looking a bit further, I think the issue is that the build for the
> uimaj-eclipse-update-site as he did it (by checkout from "trunk" of the
> uimaj-eclipse-update-site) didn't quite build right.  The POM attempts to copy
> in the artifacts for all the plugins using the maven dependency plugin, and
> specifies the jars for the plugins, together with the version number.  The
> version in the current checkout of that project is 2.4.1-SNAPSHOT.  It's likely
> that version wasn't found and the copy didn't work.
>
> When we're developing, we test by checking out all of uimaj, and building it
> all.  In that case, there does exist (in the local .m2 repository) a
> 2.4.1-SNAPSHOT version of the jars.
>
> -Marshall

Hmm, I thought he was talking about the missing plugins of older
releases. Shouldn't point "item-maven-release-version" and
"item-eclipse-release-version" always to the released version? Well, I
have sometimes built "snapshot" update sites, but that is probably not
the normal use case for this project.

Maybe, I understand you not correctly.

Peter