uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:50:35 GMT
Hi,

On 09.01.2013 17:35, Marshall Schor wrote:
> On 1/9/2013 10:06 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> next question about "Building The Release Candidate"
>>
>> I did now a trial build of the release candidate with "mvn install
>> -Papache-release". The only thing that looks not correct is the naming of the
>> pom for the Eclipse plugins, for example:
>>
>> org.apache.uima.textmarker.addons_${parsedVersion.osgiVersion}.pom
>>
>> Do I have to take care of that? This happens also for the CAS Editor plugin in
>> my workspace.
> Can you say a bit more for those of us not following all the details :-) - for
> instance, what should this be changed to, and where in the build (what part of
> the build) is this being done?

I applied "mvn install -Papache-release" on uimaj-textmarker-parent and
those files are located in the target folder of the plugin projects. I
expected something like org.apache.uima.textmarker.addons_2.0.0.SNAPSHOT.pom

Hmm... when I think now about it, it is possible that some maven plugin
cannot handle the SNAPSHOT qualifier. Maybe this won't happen if the
qualifier is removed before the actual release verison is built.

>> What is the next step? Should I already add the server properties to my
>> settings.xml as described here [1], or is there an intermediate step, e.g.,
>> uploading the trial to my people.apache.org webspace?
> You can add the server properties to your settings.xml, but please use the
> encryption technique.
> This would enable you to upload snapshots to the repository.apache.org server,
> for instance.
>
> Before doing a release, we need to finish the ip clearance process, too.

Ok, I will wait for the ip clearance issue [UIMA-2556] before I proceed.

Peter