uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatically setting the UIMA code style in Eclipse
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:03:55 GMT
On 01/11/2013 05:37 PM, Thilo Goetz wrote:
>> I have seen issues to, that is why I am very careful in what I check in.
>> >If you don't mind too much, I'll leave it in for now and wait until people
>> >report actual problems. Although, I have to admit that mostly the issue
>> >was a dirty .settings directory upon checkout.
> You do what you think is best.  I really don't care, I was
> just trying to be helpful.

There are also other issues with that approach, the idea at Apache about
making
a source build is to just put the entire subversion trunk in there and
people usually
do not like to have IDE settings in the source release.

Checking in the project settings also doesn't scale well, different
people often use different
IDEs, do we want to check in all these files for all the commonly used IDEs?

Jörn