uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:10:29 GMT
On 14.01.2013 14:51, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
> Am 14.01.2013 um 11:13 schrieb Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de>:

>>> Jenkins is configured to deploy snapshot versions of TextMarker to the Apache
>>> repository server after every build. There is no need to do that manually.
>>>
>>> The server credentials in the settings.xml would only be necessary for regular
>>> releases.
>> In case of a TextMarker release, I still have to do it manually, e.g., because of
the RC tag, right?

>> I added the server information to my settings.xml (with encrypted passwords). What
about "<id>stagingSite</id>" (must match hard-coded repository identifier in site:stage-deploy)?
Do I need that element? Is that important for the documentation? I thought the documentation
will be manually added to the website. I even do not know yet where it should be put or linked.

>> What are my next steps? Just following the steps mentioned in http://uima.apache.org/release.html
?
> I didn't use the Apache Nexus yet, but the procedure appears to be pretty much the same
as for the Sonatype OSS Nexus [1] which I have used in several projects. The link has some
screenshots of Nexus you might find supplemental to the UIMA release documentation.

> If I understand the documentation right, you don't have to add any specific "staging"
stuff anywhere. Just add the Nexus credentials to your settings.xml. Make sure the <id>
of these credentials is the same used in the POM declaring the distributionManagement (I think
that is the Apache master pom).

> When you run a regular "mvn -DautoVersionSubmodules release:prepare release:perform",
the artifacts go to Nexus who puts it automatically into a "staging repository". I never had
to use "stage-deploy". From that point, there are normally two options:

> - closing and promoting the repository so the artifacts get deployed to Maven Central.
>
> - closing and dropping the repository if something went wrong or if you discard a release
candidate.

> People can test the RC by via the staging repository.
>
> If your release fails at some SVN operation like creating the tag, try providing "-Dusername=XXX
-Dpassword=YYY" on the command line with your SVN credentials.

Thanks for the information.

However, is it really not neccessary to put something on my
people.apache.org webspace? What about the update site? I wonder if the
update site is build with released artifacts, how can someone vote on a
release candidate with no update site?

I assume it's enough to "mvn -DautoVersionSubmodules release:prepare
release:perform" and provide a SNAPSHOT update site at
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl ?

Am I missing something?

Do I have to adapt something because of the latest changes in INFRA-5746?

Peter