uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: Questions about TextMarker release
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:54:39 GMT
A short update:

I removed the skip option in my parent pom and now the release was
uploaded to the staging area. However, I cannot close the repository
because the signing key is not recognized:

<quote>
Staging ruleset evaluation on repository 'org.apache.uima-153
(u:pkluegl, a:132.187.15.93)' has failed.

Staging Signature Validation
     -No public key: Key with id: (66d69cca068e30f8) was not able to be
located on http://gpg-keyserver.de/. Upload your public key and try the
operation again.
     -No public key: Key with id: (66d69cca068e30f8) was not able to be
located on http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371. Upload your public key
and try the operation again.
     -No public key: Key with id: (66d69cca068e30f8) was not able to be
located on http://pgp.mit.edu:11371. Upload your public key and try the
operation again.
</quote>

I created my key following the instuctions I found on apache.org and
also uploaded it to some key servers, added it to my LDAP account and to
the KEYS file. After a short internet search, I think the key used a sub
key for signing. I removed the subkey, but this resulted in a changed
public key. So, my next steps would be to revoke my key, drop the
repository and rollback the changes again in order to do the release
process again with a new key.

Although I am not sure, if this is really the problem...

Any better ideas?

What are your best practices to create a valid key?

Peter

On 22.01.2013 15:12, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
> Yup, sounds like the culprit. The "apache-release" profile is used to simulate a release,
isn't it? So that setting would be there to avoid the staging, which makes sense. During a
"mvn release:perform", the profile "apache-release" shouldn't be active and the setting shouldn't
be used outside that profile unless you really want to avoid deploying dist zips or such.

> -- Richard
>
> Am 22.01.2013 um 15:01 schrieb Peter Klügl <pkluegl@uni-wuerzburg.de>:
>
>> it says:
>>
>> [INFO] [INFO] --- maven-deploy-plugin:2.6:deploy (default-deploy) @ uimaj-textmarker-parent
---
>> [INFO] [INFO] Skipping artifact deployment
>>
>> looks like my parent pom is not correctly configured. I found in the profile "apache-release":
>>
>> <plugin>
>>      <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
>>      <configuration>
>>             <skip>true</skip>
>>      </configuration>
>> </plugin>
>>
>> I copied this, when I created the my textmarker parent pom. The original setting
is in build/trunk/parent-pom.
>> There is a comment about "https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-2008". Would
that not also be a problem for uimaj releases? I think I can remove this in my pom, right?