uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker Release Candidate 1
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:39:36 GMT
Hi,

On 23.01.2013 18:53, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the NOTICE / LICENSE files must contain the attribution and
> licenses of the redistributed 3rd party work.
>
> There are many of these files in many places, from the NOTICE / LICENSE
> pair at the root level of the svn tag I got the impression that you
> include
> these 3rd party works somewhere:
>
> - ANTLR libraries (BSD)
> - htmlparser (CPL)
> - Icons (Creative Commons)
>
> At which places are these actually included?

- ANTLR libraries (BSD) are packaged in
org.apache.uima.textmarker.engine_2.0.0.jar and are additionally used by
org.apache.uima.textmarker.ide_2.0.0.jar
- htmlparser (CPL) is packaged in
org.apache.uima.textmarker.engine_2.0.0.jar and used by an AE
implemented in this jar.
- Icons (Creative Commons) are packaged in all plugins

ANTLR and htmlparser are dependencies of uimaj-textmarker (the core
implementation of the rule-based AE) and
org.apache.uima.textmarker.engine is a fetcher plugin, which makes the
implementation and all neccessary dependencies available in Eclipse,
similar to the UIMA runtime plugin. org.apache.uima.textmarker.ide
contains also an antlr grammar for creating an AST (for editor support)
and therefore depends on the ANTLR implementation.

> I found the icons in the uimaj-ep-textmarker-ide binary plugin jar
> file, but
> the LICENSE and NOTICE files do not contain the attribution and
> license for them:

Hmm, yes. I thought it is enough to provide those modified files for the
root project, which is released. I assume that maven has put the
standard LICENSE/NOTICE files in META-INF. The question is: what do I
need to do? Does each jar needs its individual files?

There is a new page:

http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html

I gonna take a look at it.

Peter