uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker Release Candidate 1
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:46:29 GMT
On 24.01.2013 12:20, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
> On 01/24/2013 10:39 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>> I found the icons in the uimaj-ep-textmarker-ide binary plugin jar
>>> file, but
>>> the LICENSE and NOTICE files do not contain the attribution and
>>> license for them:
>>>

>> Hmm, yes. I thought it is enough to provide those modified files for
>> the root project, which is released. I assume that maven has put the
>> standard LICENSE/NOTICE files in META-INF. The question is: what do I
>> need to do? Does each jar needs its individual files?
>
> I am afraid to tell you that you need to have accurate NOTICE/LICENSE
> files for all the artifacts you want to distribute.
> As far as I know you can tell maven to not follow the standard
> behavior, I believe Marshall already did it for
> some of our artifacts already, e.g. the Cas Editor.

Can you or Marhsall elaborate on that? I looked at the Cas Editor, but
have not found anything in the pom nor in the jar distributed in the
downloadable archive.

Can I simply put a manually adapted NOTICE/LICENSE file in the META-INF
folder of the respective projects? Or what is the normal procedure here?

> See this release policy:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#distribute-other-artifacts
>
> The attribution and notices you included in the svn tag files look good,
> you just need to make sure that they are included in all of your
> artifacts you want
> to distribute. The basic principle here is that you just include what
> is mandatory.
>
> The textmarker ide plugin jar file includes the icons, and uses ANTLR
> libraries through
> the textmarker engine. For the LICENSE and NOTICE file it only counts
> what is inside the distributable,
> in this case you only need to put the icons in the LICENSE/NOTICE but
> not ANTLR because their
> work is not included.
>
> The NOTICE file in the svn tag still has 2012 in it, should be updated
> to 2013.

Thanks for your help :-)

Peter