uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker Release Candidate 1
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:13:47 GMT
On 24.01.2013 16:57, Marshall Schor wrote:
> On 1/24/2013 7:46 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:

>>> I am afraid to tell you that you need to have accurate NOTICE/LICENSE files
>>> for all the artifacts you want to distribute.
>>> As far as I know you can tell maven to not follow the standard behavior, I
>>> believe Marshall already did it for
>>> some of our artifacts already, e.g. the Cas Editor.
>>>
>> Can you or Marhsall elaborate on that? I looked at the Cas Editor, but have
>> not found anything in the pom nor in the jar distributed in the downloadable
>> archive.
> In the Jar there is in the directory /META-INF added "LICENSE" and "NOTICE" files.
>
> There is a writeup of how the packaging for license/notice files works (I think
> it is mostly up to date :-) ), here:
>
> http://uima.apache.org/maven-design.html#LICENSE and NOTICE files
> <http://uima.apache.org/maven-design.html#LICENSE%20and%20NOTICE%20files>
>
> It would best to follow the conventions, of course :-)
>
> HTH. -Marshall

Thanks for the links. I've read it some time ago, but forgot about it.

If I undestand that correctly, then I have to remove ANTLR and
htmlparser from the NOTICE/LICENSE in the top level project since they
are both not part of the source release. Then, I have to add
NOTICE/LICENSE files (with ANTLR and htmlparser) to src/main/readme/ in
the top level project and to the uimaj-ep-textmarker-engine project
since those two binaries will contain the third party libraries. The
other plugins also need their own NOTICE/LICENSE files in
src/main/readme/ since they contain the icons. Is that correct? Is there
a shortcut, something that influences maven what to put in those files,
or which file to copy?

What about the source release? The complete source release contains the
file I provided. However,
"org.apache.uima.textmarker.caseditor_2.0.0-sources.jar" for example,
only contains the default NOTICE/LICENSE files. Can I somehow change
these files to those I provide? Or are these files put there as a binary
release?

I must admit that I am a bit confused. I thought maven would just
distribute the NOTICE/LICENSE files that I provide in the top level
project, which is released.

Peter