uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker Release Candidate 1
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 14:27:33 GMT
On 25.01.2013 14:40, Peter Klügl wrote:
> On 25.01.2013 14:02, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> On 01/25/2013 01:13 PM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>> If I undestand that correctly, then I have to remove ANTLR and
>>> htmlparser from the NOTICE/LICENSE in the top level project since
>>> they are both not part of the source release. Then, I have to add
>>> NOTICE/LICENSE files (with ANTLR and htmlparser) to src/main/readme/
>>> in the top level project and to the uimaj-ep-textmarker-engine
>>> project since those two binaries will contain the third party
>>> libraries. The other plugins also need their own NOTICE/LICENSE
>>> files in src/main/readme/ since they contain the icons. Is that
>>> correct? Is there a shortcut, something that influences maven what
>>> to put in those files, or which file to copy?
>>
>> +1, sounds good.
>
> Unfortunately, this did not work. I added individual LICENSE/NOTICE
> files to src/main/readme in uimaj-ep-textmarker-engine but the binary
> just contains the default files and additionally files with ".txt"
> extension and the same content. The -sources jar contains also only
> the default files.
>
> Any ideas?

Can someone verify that the information in [1] is correct? I am
searching for an example with similar preconditions and correct
LICENSE/NOTICE files. If I take a look at the latest official release of
the SDK, then I can see the LICENSE/NOTICE files of the top project,
e.g., with the mention of the icons. However, the plugin
org.apache.uima.caseditor_2.4.0 has only the default LICENSE/NOTICE
files in its META-INF folder (no mention of the icons). The
LICENSE/NOTICE files in src/main/readme (top level) contain the
information about the icons.

Peter

[1] http://uima.apache.org/maven-design.html#LICENSE%20and%20NOTICE%20files