uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC2 AND Composite Repository
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:32:16 GMT
If you build twice from the "top level" using mvn clean install or mvn install -
it works OK. but if you build the subcomponent uimaj-ep-textmarker-engine after
it has been built once, it gives a lot of warnings about Duplicate Name in
Manifest.  This is just a "warning", and the overall indicator from maven at the
end is "success".

An example:

[INFO] --- maven-bundle-plugin:2.3.4:manifest (uima-bundle) @
uimaj-ep-textmarker-engine ---
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Manifest-Version.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Created-By.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Built-By.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Build-Jdk.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Implementation-Version.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Implementation-Vendor-Id.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Implementation-Vendor.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Project-Title.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Implementation-Url.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Implementation-License.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
Jan 28, 2013 10:51:49 AM java.util.jar.Attributes read
WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Build-Date.
Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.

If I look at the built manifest (inside the Jar), I don't see any duplicates.
So I don't know if this is a real issue or not.

-M