uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC2 AND Composite Repository
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:28:52 GMT
Am 29.01.2013 20:19, schrieb Marshall Schor:
> Eclipse-update-site:
>
> I think that the name of the sub-site directory in the composite site should not
> have a version number.  It won't be changing from version to version; within
> that directory, multiple versions will occur (over time) in the features/ and
> plugins/ directories.

My intension was to provide a subsite for each release. For
uima-textmarker-2.0.1 for example, we would just simply change the
version property (and some versions in category.xml), build the update
site and then add it as an additional folder to the composite
repository. This would be a bit less work than adding new artifacts to
the update site. There would not be any difference for the user and we
do not have to touch already released update sites.

The next release in mind, I already added the version to the name of the
folder.

Anyways, this is nothing to argue about. If you prefer a single update
site for all version of a category, then I will remove the version in
the next RC.

Best,

Peter