uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC2 AND Composite Repository
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:50:41 GMT
Am 29.01.2013 20:30, schrieb Marshall Schor:
> Re: ...-sources.jar (and friends) files in
> http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/uima-releases/TextMarker-2.0.0-rc2/src_bin/
>
> I wonder if these are needed.

This has the same reason that I mentioned in my last mail. It's just
about facilitating the reviewing. In my opinion, we maybe have also a
LICENSE problem in the ...-sources.jar files because of the icons. I
think it is just easier to check it there instead of the staging repository.

> When we do an Apache release, we typically make an official release of the all
> the source as a ...-source-release.zip file.
>
> You have this file, as uimaj-textmarker-parent-2.0.0-source-release.zip (and
> signing/checksum friends).
>
> I think this is enough, because it holds all of the sources.  I don't see any
> purpose in included for each separate plugin-Jar an individual sources-jar, in
> this spot.
>
> I do see a purpose in including these in the set of files that go up to Maven
> Central - as the m2e plugin knows about the conventions for these, and can
> automagically fetch the source in Eclipse when needed :-).

I completely agree.

Best,

Peter