uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC2 AND Composite Repository
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:27:44 GMT
Hi,

On 30.01.2013 00:03, Marshall Schor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I compared the source-release zip (unzipped) with the svn export of the tag -
> looks good.
>
> There's one difference:  The svn has a .project file included in the
> ExampleProject.  It has some special build setup that might be "required" to
> make the ExampleProject work with TextMarker:
>
>    <buildSpec>
>      <buildCommand>
>        <name>org.eclipse.dltk.core.scriptbuilder</name>
>        <arguments>
>        </arguments>
>      </buildCommand>
>    </buildSpec>
>    <natures>
>      <nature>org.apache.uima.textmarker.ide.nature</nature>
>    </natures>
>
> If this is required, then it should have been in the source zip package, but
> wasn't...

No, it is not required for TextMarker. This project is an exemplary
TextMarker project and therefore bound to Eclipse. I created this
project for users to have an example on how TextMarker projects are
sturctured and I am also using it in the documentation, e.g., because it
also contains files for test-driven developement/backtesting.

> If not required, then perhaps it should be deleted from svn.  (I also see a
> .buildpath checked into SVN - is that required for this project?).

I really like to keep this project in SVN. Users should be able to
"download" (checkout) this project in the TextMarker Workbench. I am
also in favor of providing it somewhere for download.

The .buildpath is part of a TextMarker project.

Maybe we can place it somewhere different in SVN?

Best,

Peter