uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC2 AND Composite Repository
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:24:26 GMT
On 30.01.2013 09:15, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
> Am 30.01.2013 um 00:13 schrieb Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>:
>
>> On 1/29/2013 4:31 PM, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>>
>>> Any ideas where those artifacts can best be hosted?
>> Maven central sounds like a great place :-).  If you know how to do this, why
>> not take a run at doing it?
> I'll have a look.
>
> @Peter: are there any source or javadoc artifacts for these OSGi jars that could be deployed
to Maven Central as well?

I don't know of any right now. We could maybe build these files
manually, but I don't think we should do that.

Peter

>> I do note that the builds I'm doing are complaining
>> about missing POMs for some of these, so if you do it, I hope the POMs come with
it:

>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.equinox:app:jar:1.0.0
>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.emf:ecore:jar:2.4.0
>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.emf.ecore:xmi:jar:2.4.0
>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.dltk:core:jar:3.0.0
>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.dltk:ui:jar:3.0.0
>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.dltk:debug:jar:3.0.0
>
> Well, that's a feature, not a bug. The Eclipse artifacts, Peters as well as the official
artifacts, use version ranges in the dependencies. Apparently Maven often if not always tries
to fetch the POM for the artifact at the lowest listed version. Most of the time, that is
bound to fail, because such an artifact simply does not exist. For example, the lowest version
of org.eclipse.equinox:app:jar is 1.0.0-v20070606, there is no 1.0.0 version.

> I do not know where these warnings are created, if in the Maven core or by plugins that
do not know how to deal with version ranges.