uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse Update Site licenses for TextMarker
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:48:53 GMT
Re: Eclipse update site for textmarker:

It shows 3 license files, but maybe is still missing something.
It shows 2 for the Eclipse license (2 version dates), and
the Apache v2.0 license.

But I thought the TextMarker binary build had other things needing additional
licenses embedded in it?  Those licenses need to be included and shown to the
user in the Eclipse accept-license dialog, somehow.

The Eclipse installer has the ability to resolve dependencies at install time,
fetching OSGi components from other repositories that Eclipse knows about. If
it's possible, that would be a good packaging for the dependent components with
other licenses. (I'm guessing that you looked into that and found it was not
possible, and therefore bundled things into your Plugin Jars.)

When the license is shown, there may be 2 ways to have Eclipse install show it.

1) as a separate license - meaning, in the window where Eclipse shows licenses,
on the left panel there would be multiple lines.
2) as a chain of licenses shown together in one window on the right panel where
Eclipse is showing licenses.

I have a very slight preference for style 1) if it is do-able...  (I haven't
investigated this).

-Marshall