uima-dev mailing list archives

From Tommaso Teofili <tommaso.teof...@gmail.com>
Subject UIMA Addons releases
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:48:20 GMT
Hi all,

I just started reviewing UIMA addons single components in order to release
them soon; so now I wonder if we should keep the last decision of releasing
UIMA Addons as a whole or rather start releasing single components (e.g.
WhitespaceTokenizer, HMMTagger, etc.).

At the moment I'd see the latter as the better option because:
a) some of the components have not been touched since last release (2.3.1)
b) users / devs usually need to get single components (e.g. via Apache
Maven) rather than the whole package

On the contrary the bad would be that users / devs cannot just download a
single addons package with the latest releases of each component.

To catch up with this latest concern an idea could be to release single
components first and then (on a regular basis, e.g. every 6 months / once
each component has a new release / etc.) release the addons package as just
the aggregation of single components' latest releases.

What do you think?

Have a nice day,
Tommaso