uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: UIMA Addons releases
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:24:06 GMT
I agree that individual addons are mostly independent of UIMA releases,
but it is convenient to know that when you're using UIMA-2.4.0 you can
depend on e.g. ConceptMapper-2.4.0. Maybe that would be handled by your
periodic releases, i.e. just tagging all components with a common
release number that relates to the current UIMA release so it's easy to
find a compatible version.

Then again, it's not that much work to check for dependency mismatches
when including an addon in your project via maven. Given that uimaj-core
would be declared as "provided" the dependency is not transitive, right?
Would it show up then if an addon you are using depends on a newer
version of uimaj-core than the one you are using (or an older one if
there are incompatible changes)?

Bye,
Jens