uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Suggestion to add a binary zip/tar distributable
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 15:16:29 GMT
I think there is no binary distribution zip/tar for textmarker?  I think it
might be wanted - for users who want to download the engine (which is a UIMA
Annotator), the example project, and maybe some other things.  This would let
them assemble an application which included running TextMarker, without relying
on Maven and/or Eclipse.

We do this with most of our addons projects, as well as with our main uimaj,
uima-as, uima-cpp components.

There's a pre-configured build setup that the addons use, which you could
probably reuse, and share much of the configuration for doing this already in
the uima-wide parent-pom.

-Marshall