uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC2 AND Composite Repository
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:01:17 GMT
Thanks for taking this on :-)

I thought these artifacts were Eclipse packages - Don't these (usually) have source?

-Marshall

> Getting the artifacts deployed via the "normal" route [1] is problematic because it is
a really large number that would all need to be bundled up individually one bundle per artifact.
Additionally there are no sources and no JavaDoc.

> I posted an inquiry with Sonatype to see if they have any suggestion or stance on hosting
such artifacts on Maven Central

> 	https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-5383
>
> -- Richard
>
> [1] https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Uploading+3rd-party+Artifacts+to+The+Central+Repository
>
> Am 30.01.2013 um 09:15 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho <eckart@ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>:

>>> Maven central sounds like a great place :-).  If you know how to do this, why
>>> not take a run at doing it?
>> I'll have a look.
>>
>> @Peter: are there any source or javadoc artifacts for these OSGi jars that could
be deployed to Maven Central as well?

>>> I do note that the builds I'm doing are complaining
>>> about missing POMs for some of these, so if you do it, I hope the POMs come with
it:

>>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.equinox:app:jar:1.0.0
>>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.emf:ecore:jar:2.4.0
>>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.emf.ecore:xmi:jar:2.4.0
>>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.dltk:core:jar:3.0.0
>>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.dltk:ui:jar:3.0.0
>>> [WARNING] Missing POM for org.eclipse.dltk:debug:jar:3.0.0
>>
>> Well, that's a feature, not a bug. The Eclipse artifacts, Peters as well as the official
artifacts, use version ranges in the dependencies. Apparently Maven often if not always tries
to fetch the POM for the artifact at the lowest listed version. Most of the time, that is
bound to fail, because such an artifact simply does not exist. For example, the lowest version
of org.eclipse.equinox:app:jar is 1.0.0-v20070606, there is no 1.0.0 version.

>> I do not know where these warnings are created, if in the Maven core or by plugins
that do not know how to deal with version ranges.