uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC6 AND Composite Repository
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 12:43:18 GMT
On 05.03.2013 16:15, Marshall Schor wrote:
> On 3/5/2013 5:25 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The vote passes with the following result:
>>
>> +1 Marshall Schor
>> +1 Tommaso Teofili
>> +1 Peter Klügl
>>
>> No other votes were received.
>>
>> Thanks to you all, and special thanks to Marshall for all the help and for
>> investing so much time :-)
>>
>> I will proceed with the checklist: http://uima.apache.org/release.html#Releasing
>>
>> Are there any opinions on textmarker's web-presence, e.g., download and
>> documentation?
> Yes, it should have this :-)
>
> I suggest the documentation go on the website under docs/d/textmarker-current/
> (we normally have the website accessible docs for the current release, but
> sometimes may need others).  The pointers to this could be in several places.
> It should have at least the same presence as other "sandbox" items, but given
> its new-ness and the amount of "stuff" that it entails, it seems to me it could
> have somewhat more prominence.

I added a short text to the sandbox components, which points to the new
page and to other locations, but the documentation is not available. Did
I miss something? Do I need to do something in order to publish the /d/
stuff?

About the link: If it is OK, then I am so bold and will include a link
between "Addons and Sandbox" and "External Resources" in the left
navigation menu.

> The download: The download page, because of repetitive complexity, is a
> combination of normal web markup plus generated things.  The generated things
> come from specs in the file xdocs/stylesheets/project.xml
>
> It looks like a bit of redesign is warranted to support TextMarker and the
> pending release of individual add-ons.
>
> I suggest another "box" for these, which looks like the existing one but has 1
> more column - the release date (in the other "boxes", the release date was put
> in the title above the box, but that kind of breaks down when the rows in the
> box all might have different release dates).
>
> Let me know if you need help with doing this.

I will take a look at it now :-)

Peter