uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache UIMA TextMarker RC6 AND Composite Repository
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:03:19 GMT
On 06.03.2013 13:43, Peter Klügl wrote:
> On 05.03.2013 16:15, Marshall Schor wrote:
>> On 3/5/2013 5:25 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The vote passes with the following result:
>>>
>>> +1 Marshall Schor
>>> +1 Tommaso Teofili
>>> +1 Peter Klügl
>>>
>>> No other votes were received.
>>>
>>> Thanks to you all, and special thanks to Marshall for all the help
>>> and for
>>> investing so much time :-)
>>>
>>> I will proceed with the checklist:
>>> http://uima.apache.org/release.html#Releasing
>>>
>>> Are there any opinions on textmarker's web-presence, e.g., download and
>>> documentation?
>> Yes, it should have this :-)
>>
>> I suggest the documentation go on the website under
>> docs/d/textmarker-current/
>> (we normally have the website accessible docs for the current
>> release, but
>> sometimes may need others).  The pointers to this could be in several
>> places.
>> It should have at least the same presence as other "sandbox" items,
>> but given
>> its new-ness and the amount of "stuff" that it entails, it seems to
>> me it could
>> have somewhat more prominence.
>
> I added a short text to the sandbox components, which points to the
> new page and to other locations, but the documentation is not
> available. Did I miss something? Do I need to do something in order to
> publish the /d/ stuff?
>
> About the link: If it is OK, then I am so bold and will include a link
> between "Addons and Sandbox" and "External Resources" in the left
> navigation menu.
>

>> The download: The download page, because of repetitive complexity, is a
>> combination of normal web markup plus generated things.  The
>> generated things
>> come from specs in the file xdocs/stylesheets/project.xml
>>
>> It looks like a bit of redesign is warranted to support TextMarker
>> and the
>> pending release of individual add-ons.
>>
>> I suggest another "box" for these, which looks like the existing one
>> but has 1
>> more column - the release date (in the other "boxes", the release
>> date was put
>> in the title above the box, but that kind of breaks down when the
>> rows in the
>> box all might have different release dates).
>>
>> Let me know if you need help with doing this.
>
> I will take a look at it now :-)

Hmm.. I am not sure about the best way to design or implement it.

Nevertheless, I prepared something. It's not very nice and I am abusing
the version parameter. The xml elements have additional attributes and
the script adds the html elements dependent on their existence. For
textmarker, there is now not a table for a release version, but for all
versions of the component.

Here's the download page:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/site/downloads.html
... and the main site with the textmarker link:
http://people.apache.org/~pkluegl/site/

If the solution is OK for now, then I would extend the news and send an
announce mail.

Peter