uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <pklu...@uni-wuerzburg.de>
Subject Dependencies to other projects
Date Tue, 14 May 2013 11:45:36 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to extend the UIMA Ruta documentation where ruta projects
making use of java projects in the same workspace. The idea would be to
add a simple maven project, which has dependencies, for example, to
DKPro (ASL/GPL), and therefore takes care of the availability of the
implementation and models. The UIMA Ruta project then has a dependency
to that java project and is able to execute the analysis engines within
its script files.

I wonder if I can set a simple dependency to an artifact licensed under
GPL in an example project. Does that already "include" the artifact?
There would be no class at all, which depends on the artifact, only a
descriptor, which points to the implementation.

Besides the license thing, are there any reasons or problems to add a
dependency to other projects? I could actually also refer to our sandbox
components for the example in the documentation, but DKPro has simply
more components.

Best,

Peter