uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to push out next release of 2.4.1SDK ?
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 08:17:09 GMT
On 04/29/2013 11:02 PM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> I think it's past time ( :-) ) to push out a new release of UIMA SDK, so that a
> new release of UIMA-AS and the first release of DUCC, which I think has some
> dependencies on the latest things in UIMA and UIMA-AS can be done.
>
> I'm starting to go through the various JIRAs still outstanding and see which of
> these we might want to try to include in 2.4.1, although I think there's already
> plenty of new stuff in 2.4.1 without adding more things!
>
> The main things that I see that need "finishing" are the interfaces to binary
> compressed serialization and the documentation of this and also of the paramater
> overrides.  I've put some preliminary write-ups of these into our docbooks
> already, but others with more knowledge should review / augment / correct them.
>
> Are there other (major) things that people would like to see in 2.4.1SDK?

It would probably be really nice to merge parts of the uimaFIT code to
configure an AE with
Java Annotations directly into the UIMA core. I don't know how much work
that will be,
but maybe it is possible to do that before the next release?

If we don't do it now, it might be another year until we have the
release after 2.4.1 out.

Any opinions?

Jörn