uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Time to push out next release of 2.4.1SDK ?
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 15:57:43 GMT

On 5/30/2013 4:17 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> I think it's past time ( :-) ) to push out a new release of UIMA SDK, so that a
>> new release of UIMA-AS and the first release of DUCC, which I think has some
>> dependencies on the latest things in UIMA and UIMA-AS can be done.
>>
>> I'm starting to go through the various JIRAs still outstanding and see which of
>> these we might want to try to include in 2.4.1, although I think there's already
>> plenty of new stuff in 2.4.1 without adding more things!
>>
>> The main things that I see that need "finishing" are the interfaces to binary
>> compressed serialization and the documentation of this and also of the paramater
>> overrides.  I've put some preliminary write-ups of these into our docbooks
>> already, but others with more knowledge should review / augment / correct them.
>>
>> Are there other (major) things that people would like to see in 2.4.1SDK?
>>

> It would probably be really nice to merge parts of the uimaFIT code to
> configure an AE with
> Java Annotations directly into the UIMA core. I don't know how much work that
> will be,
> but maybe it is possible to do that before the next release?

I think that might be a bit much to do - given that uimaFIT hasn't yet had a
release, etc., yet, and there's still quite a bit of work left to do for getting
the release out.

> If we don't do it now, it might be another year until we have the release
> after 2.4.1 out.

Well, if there was interest and effort, there could be a subsequent release at
anytime the work for this got finished :-)

My 2 cents... -Marshall