uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time to push out next release of 2.4.1SDK ?
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 21:23:03 GMT
> Sure it would be nice to have it in core, in particular because the package names of
the annotations then would not change again later. However, as I said when first contributing
uimaFIT, there's still lots of work to be done. The core is expected to be really stable and
is released in 0.0.x increments. uimaFIT is released in 0.x.0 increments and while we always
tried to by fully backwards compatible, we sometimes failed in that.

In other words we would have to break backward compatibility once more
to move it over at some point?

Jörn