uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Destruction of resource objects
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 20:50:42 GMT

> Hi,
>
> apparently external resource objects which can be accessed via the ResourceManager, e.g.
implementations of the Resource (like DataResource or ParameterizedDataResource) have a "destroy"
method. Interestingly, the SharedResourceObject interface doesn't define such a method. Also,
it seems that the "destroy" method is never really invoked for external resources. It appears
to be reserved mainly for analysis engines, readers and consumers.

> Am I overlooking something?
My guess is that you're not overlooking anything, and this is simply a bit of
unfinished implementation.
-Marshall